Engineering Project Manager
Site Project Manager
Industry: Process Manufacturing and Packaging
£55k - £60k plus 15% Bonus, Health and Relocation Package
Our client is a renowned category leader in Manufacturing, committed to Manufacturing Excellence. Working through both innovation and investment, their product range is second to none! Business potential is excellent, with extensive capital investment, creating the need for a Project Engineering Manager. There is significant on-site investment into this factory.
Responsible for managing the planning and implementation of capital and revenue projects, ensuring they are delivered on time and to budget! You will cover suppliers selection financial control and customer acceptance. You will own factory equipment and structures including packaging, processing and utilities.
- Reporting directly into the Project Engineering Manager, you will have complete autonomy to deliver pragmatic, value engineered projects to cost and time specifications
- You will coach, mentor and develop your multi-functional teams of engineers and designers / contractors to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- To procure equipment through internal and external resourcing functions including Group Purchasing.
- The projects will cover factory equipment including packaging, processing and site activities.
- You will lead engineering and production teams during equipment installation and start up, supplier selection, feasibility and justification analysis, equipment commissioning and validation and FAT.
- You will be ex craft or be a graduate calibre engineer, mechanical , chemical or electrical bias, with experience from ideally within the FMCG, process manufacturing or fast paced manufacturing industry.
- The ideal candidate will be a methodical and detailed worker, extremely achievement and career focused and able to working in a direct and often pressurised environment.
- Identifying and managing project blockers before a critical path is affected.
- Planning engineering works to minimise impact on production operations.
- Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering backgrounds considered , apprentice to chartered profiles, all considered.