Two simple questions:
- Are you an experienced Technical Artist?
- Do you want to solve challenging technical issues in our 3D asset pipeline?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Senior Technical Artist and join our passionate and talented North team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
Senior Technical Artist role:
The Senior Technical Artist is a new role dedicated to work on Rebellion games and with trusted industry partners on genre-defining IP.
This role is a standalone Technical Artist role in our north team, whilst you will have the support and guidance of our oxford team; being able to self-motivate and work autonomously is essential. You will provide hands-on support to artists and programmers in regard to asset performance and validation. As part of the Technical Art team, you will play a key role in creating technical art features to support the art asset pipeline.
This role would suit an experienced Technical Artist with knowledge of Houdini and DCC packages such as Maya, 3DS Max & Blender. Experience of leading games engines would be advantageous to this role.
The Rebellion Technical Art team is responsible for creating solutions to support the art asset pipeline through creating technical art features.
- Work Autonomously to develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
- Provide hands-on support to artists and programmers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Work with Artists and Programmers to create 3D art and bring it to life into the engine
- Support Artists and Programmers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Solve with support challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Collaborate with Programmers and Testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- Knowledge of C++ and Python, Max script and Mel script
- Knowledge of Houdini
- Knowledge of 3d software such as 3D Studio Max, Maya and Blender
- Knowledge of 3D sculpting packages such as Zbrush or Mudbox
- Knowledge of modelling processes hi-res sculpting, baking textures and material/shader setup in realtime render engine
- Knowledge of PRB material pipeline/substance
- Able to develop resolutions to problems
- Able to effectively communicate information, whilst building long-term, trusting relationships with a wide range of people
- Unreal experience would be preferable, but is not essential.
Please note, due to the nature of the work produced at this studio, this is an onsite role and therefore remote working is not possible. Candidates should only apply if they are available to be on site 100% of the time.
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries