Intel Programmable Solutions Group is looking for University students to develop design examples using FPGA programmable logic chips in embedded applications in the industrial and automotive industries. Example applications are:
- High frequency deterministic messaging for real-time control over a network
- embedded control systems for electric vehicle fast chargers, 3-phase motor drives, or robots
- Processing machine sensor data using small, fast neural networks.
- Implementing safety functions to meet international functional safety standards.
The completed designs will be used by Intel's marketing teams, at international trade shows and most importantly by Intel's customers.
You need mathematical and system modelling skills as well as programming capability. You will work alongside experienced engineers who support your daily development. Your opinions are valued from day one.
Intel's office in Marlow, Buckinghamshire, houses around 80 employees and is walkable from Marlow station. Employees also organize physical activities like badminton, indoor football, cycling and trail running. Intel supports remote working due to Covid restrictions with company laptops, monitors and office equipment.
- Development of demonstration designs and documentation.
- FPGA function design using Verilog/VHDL, DSP Builder (MATLAB Simulink) or HLS (C-based High Level Synthesis)
- Embedded C/C++ software development on Linux or real-time operating system
- Documenting requirements and testing
This is a 13 month fixed-term placement (July 2022 - August 2023) suitable for 2nd year students studying a 4-year degree course in a relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Physics, Computer Systems Engineering).
- Strong Maths and Physics
- System modelling in continuous and discrete time, including mechanics, electronics and controller in a closed-loop control system
- Desire to demonstrate the advantages of FPGAs with evidence of programming capability
- Motivated team player with great communication skills
Candidates must be based in the United Kingdom upon the start date of this internship, and for its entire duration, except for vacation. We are unable to support remote working from outside the UK.Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.UKInternJR0186073High WycombeProgrammable Solutions Group Apply Now Link for schema