About the Role
We're looking for a Recruitment Advisor to join our HR team at our Knowlsey Head Office. Reporting into the Recruitment Manager and working closely with other members of the Talent Team you will develop and deliver attraction strategies and campaigns managing the end-to-end recruitment and selection process across multiple business areas.
Utilising data in your decisions, and as the main point of contact for Key stakeholders you will ensure we build strong talent pipelines and attract diverse talent to fulfil the needs of the business whilst offering an exceptional candidate experience.
- Provide an end-to end recruitment service that delivers the needs of stakeholders
- Management of internal relationships with key stakeholders, providing regular, accurate and insightful updates.
- Provide, utilise and share data and insight to make suitable people and business decisions
- Source and manage both active and passive candidates through all channels including LinkedIn, Social, Job Boards and headhunting to fill vacancies and build talent pipelines whilst ensuring an excellent candidate experience.
- Identifying new techniques of sourcing from a more diverse talent pool.
- Ensure a fair and consistent recruitment process which encourages hiring on potential, reduces unconscious bias and encourages a diverse and inclusive process.
- Develop recruitment attraction campaigns aligned with the employer value proposition (EVP) identifying opportunities to improve brand awareness
- Work collaboratively with the wider Talent team, HR and stakeholders to understand business objective and future recruitment needs
- Work collaboratively with all members of the attraction team to foster creativity, best practice and consistency to successfully deliver results and encourage innovate ways of working to increase performance.
- Keep up to date with external market intelligence and industry trends
- All recruitment activity from writing adverts, Sourcing, Screening, Interview, Selection, Offer and upkeep of the ATS
- Actively promote Matalan as an employee of choice at events
- Support the Talent Attraction Social Media through encouraging and gathering content from stakeholders with your focus areas
- Undertake project work required by the Talent team in order to hit quarterly objectives.
- Solid recruitment background with experience of working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills with the ability to challenge and influence
- Commercial acumen
- Ability to collate, utilise and interpret data and insight
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to juggle short term requirements with longer term projects.
- Confident communicator including strong verbal and written skills with the ability to interact at a different levels
- Accurate with a strong attention to detail
- A creative person who is self-motivated, driven and strives for excellence
- Easily adapts to change and demonstrates agility and flexibility when direction or priorities shift
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 11,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK’s most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We therefore encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.