Our Science, Technology, and Medical, Journals division manages an extensive collection of high impact journals. We take ownership for the reputation of our journals to authors and the quality of the content we publish. We are a team of over 75 globally based marketing professionals that collaborate with our organisation to identify opportunities to deliver successful marketing strategies.
As an Marketing Manager, you will plan our marketing strategy and implement our communication plans. You will collaborate with global publishing colleagues to align our product and marketing strategy and deliver within budget. You will execute research on business trends, competition and potential opportunities and provide analysis for the results of your campaigns to discover insights and improvements.
· Developing marketing communications strategies and implementation plans for products, portfolios and projects
· Managing budgets and planning for campaign forecasting to ensure effective use of expenditure
· Collaborating with publishing teams to identify target market segments and communication gaps, to develop key messages for author and product communications
· Working with Senior Managers and stakeholders to establish and implement best-practice global communication strategies
· Establishing, managing and maintaining excellent contacts with key stakeholders within the business to build and develop success relationships
· Researching business trends, competitor analysis and opportunities to help optimise new and ongoing campaigns
· Have experience in planning and implementing successful marketing and communication strategies
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams to align product and marketing strategy
· Show excellent organizational skills and strategic thinking and a creative and analytical approach to planning
· Show an interest in keeping up with the latest digital marketing trends and a desire to experiment with new approaches
· Demonstrate great data and analytical skills and the ability to use a data-driven approach to discover insights and improvements
· Have a natural ability to engage, influence and build relationships with stakeholders and teams across the business
· Be able to travel to diverse locations throughout Europe, US and Asia up to 4 times per year, if safe to do so under current COVID 19 restrictions
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
· Working remotely from home and our office in a flexible hybrid pattern
· Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
We want to protect your health, help you accumulate wealth and secure your future. We are therefore delighted to offer:
· Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
· Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme and life assurance
· Tax-free childcare support
· Parental leave options
· Health screening and private medical benefits
· Season ticket loan
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: