Location - Sandy
Permanent - 40 hours per week
Salary - £29,140 per anum
Who you will be working for?
For over 30 years, Garic has led the welfare and plant hire industry with exceptional service and ground breaking innovations that support different sectors across the UK. We deliver a unique multi-specialist rental and sales service in target market segments, driving value for our customers through a disciplined execution of operational excellence and service innovation. We take pride in the three pillars of our operation, each of which is vital to delivering the service and support our customers rightly demand: product innovation, customer focused service, complete compliance. Above all, people are the most important part of our business; we deliver on our objectives by living our Values. We give people the right environment, role & tools to deliver excellence and quality in everything we do.
The role of mobile fitter will be to work as part of a dedicated team traveling the UK carrying out repairs, maintenance and service of welfare site cabins, vans and various plant equipment including water/fuel bowsers and wheel wash systems (diesel and electric).
Duties and Responsibilities
· To service and repair equipment on customers premises as required
· Inspect machinery and develop a scope of repairs
· Diagnose and fault find customer and operator complaints
· Provide a high quality repair and maintenance service for all of Garic’s products.
· Monitoring the quality of your work to minimize error, customer dissatisfaction and any potential hazards.
· Have intermediate understanding of Health and Safety legislation and how to work safely in a manufacturing environment.
· Partake in toolbox talks to increase awareness and instruction of how to work safely
· To ensure paperwork is completed correctly and legibly with signatures, dates and times, and ensuring all plant numbers are recorded and checked and parts used are noted
· To keep adequate stock of components used for servicing/repairs in your vehicle and to ensure parts used are booked to each job.
· To carry out deliveries and collections of equipment to customers when required
· To load and secure all equipment in/onto your vehicle in a safe manner
· To transport equipment safely and competently, with due regard to legal requirements and limits at all times
· To complete basic maintenance and safety checks on your vehicle at regular intervals and ensure the inside and outside of the vehicle is kept clean.
· To maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, internal and external customers and suppliers and represent the company in a professional manner
· To portray a positive image of Garic when carrying out your duties
· To comply with company health and safety policy
· Any other reasonable task as requested by your manager or the Directors of the company
What do you need to become the successful Mobile Fitter?
· Knowledge of diesel/petrol engines/generators and 12v and 230v products
· Demonstrable experience working in a plant fitter role
· Proven ability to problem solve
· Real willingness to help customer
· Experience of dealing with customers
· Full clean driving license
· Flexible approach to working hours
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Welding and PAT testing skills are advantageous for this role.
· Experience of working to quality systems
· Employee discount scheme with money off at retailers and everyday spends
· Great inclusive culture
· Employee health cover
· Love2Shop vouchers on your Birthday
· 22 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
· Your birthday off (or a paid day to support charity work)
· Salary Sacrifice Pension (after 3 months service)
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Christmas Shut Down
If you are interested in the position please send a CV and covering letter.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it may not always be possible to respond to everyone. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, then it’s likely, you have not been successful on this occasion. Thank you for your interest in working for Garic and we would like to wish you ‘Good Luck!’ with your future endeavours.
We are an equal opportunities employee and abide by GDPR legislation. We will only hold your details for the purpose of recruiting for this position.