Job Title: Painter and Decorator
Contract Type: Permanent - Full Time 40 hours a week
Location: Bristol and/or Bath
Salary: £Dependant on experience
Cedar Care is a family business which inspires a strong family culture amongst our employees, residents and homes. When you come to Cedar Care, you become part of a strong and nurturing family. Care is based on the building of respectful relationships amongst residents and staff who serve them, resulting in a feeling of security, contentment and a sense of belonging.
Being a medium sized company we are small enough to be able to preserve the important personal touch that our care requires, however, we are large enough to offer high standards of care excellence.
Having been established in 1987, we have gained an outstanding reputation amongst families and professionals. This is clearly reflected in our home ratings from the Care Quality Commission.
As a painter and decorator you will be responsible for a variety of different tasks - such as applying paints and stains to new rooms, furniture, or equipment, or you could be assisting with other projects. Applying paint, stains, varnishes and other finishes. Using brushes, rollers or spraying equipment.
Required Skills, Abilities and Experience:
We are looking for experience in some or all of the following areas:
Qualifications/ Skills/ Abilities
· Smooth and prepare surfaces for painting, including sanding and removing old paint.
· Fill nail holes, cracks, and joints with putty, plaster, or other filler.
· Tape, float, and texture walls and ceilings.
· Select premixed paints or mix required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances
· prepare paint to match specified colours
· Paint surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers, and apply paint with cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers to create special effects.
· Stain, seal, and varnish wood surfaces.
· Erect scaffolding or set up ladder to perform tasks above ground level.
· Graffiti removal from the interior and exterior of build
· Can worked individually as well as within a team
Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
· Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment and ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
· Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
· Store, handle and dispose of paint, stain, varnish, and other chemicals according to established procedures.
· report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor
The Benefits of Working with Cedar Care:
· A pension scheme with an employer contribution**
*Job Offers are subject to satisfactory references.
**Subject to the completion of a probationary period