TED’s Guide to what the Department Specialist does around here
Ted’s mission statement
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’**
Our approach is “no ordinary” and so are our people. Ted is looking for talenTED new recruits to join his expanding UK & Europe teams. A sharp CV is a good start but experience alone doesn't always count for everything. If you're a fashionable lad or lass and know the difference between a loo and a lift, then you might just make the cut.
ExciTED for a new opportunity? Ted Baker London is currently seeking a talented and passionate full-time Department Specialist for Manchester Trafford
So, You Think You've Got What it Takes.
The role of the Department Specialist is to support the management team and location in accomplishing excellence. To manage the visual presentation of the store with keen commercial awareness, in order to enhance performance. To support the smooth running of the location by demonstrating the ability to use initiative and work unsupervised and to be a proactive ambassador of Ted, who understands and promotes the company “Mission Statement” and “Vision.”
- Demonstrate and be responsible for ensuring the team deliver Ted’s standard of customer service with enthusiasm and consistency in all of Teds Trading channels.
- Use product knowledge, and customer profiles to generate sales and increase customer loyalty to the brand. Maintains and exceeds company sales KPI.
- Completes all tasks correctly and on time and follows company policy and procedures.
- Effectively manage and adapt to different people and situations.
- Reflects the values of the brand in personal presentation and behaviour and demonstrates passion for the brand which is shared with others.
- Follows merchandising principles and replenishment guidelines in store to ensure that the brand is represented at the highest level.
- Supports the team ensuring excellent participation and proactively use and deliver training.
- Drive the team to achieve current targets, and promotions. Make sure they are aware of company campaigns in store and online.
- Have a keen awareness of the local market and is able to develop client opportunities.
- In the absence of the Location Manager and Deputy manager be confident in all the daily store operations.
- Observes safety and security procedures. Reports any misuse or theft of stock to a member of management.
- A strong digital focus with the ability to embrace, understand and drive new initiatives from concept to implementation, helping support new ways of selling and brand profile enhancements
Tools of the trade
- Previous sales and team management/supervisory experience
- Previous retail sales experience in a high end, contemporary environment, with a passion for product, retail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Team Player
- Adaptable to the needs of the business
- Personal Accountability and Integrity
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Established relationships in the local marketplace
• Authentic - We have the freedom to be our ‘best self’, being true to ourselves and others.
• Kind - We try to do the right thing: for each other, our communities, our planet and for Ted
• Curious - We are hungry to explore, innovate and think differently
• Courageous - We have the confidence to be brave, have fun and discover the unexpected
• Inclusive - We embrace and respect individuality and celebrate difference & diversity
Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: