Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Pullman Liverpool (Kings Dock, L3)
Tier: Senior Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £43,000pa
Reporting to: General Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week, flexibility is required to operate a 24/7 business
The 4-star Pullman Liverpool Hotel is located at Kings Dock on Liverpool's world famous waterfront. Boasting an incredible location in the heart of the city this hotel truly is a Jewel in the Accor brand portfolio. Pullman is a stylish and in tune luxury brand with a focus on inspiring a new generation of business travellers and business leaders. Hyper-connected and sophisticated explorers, every day they invent new ways of doing business around the world. The world is their playground and every moment is an opportunity. Their life is a mix of business and pleasure, a balance of efficiency and personal well-being.
As Human Resources Manager your main objective is to develop the Hotels human capital to ensure the people are aligned to the achievement of the business goals. You will be responsible for supporting and challenging HODs to deliver a truly inspiring employee experience ensuring the team are engaged, motivated and driven to deliver high levels of performance in all areas.
Reporting direct to the Hotels General Manager you will be responsible for championing best practise, fairness, consistency and legal compliance in all people orientated initiatives.
The Hotels Human Resources Manager is integral for the development and protection of the organisations culture therefore must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
· To be responsible for designing and implementing the organisations people strategy, designed to support the organisations strategic objectives and achieve growth and increased profitability.
- Responsible for the hotels organisation structure, strategically analysing the team structure against future business needs. Where required recruit, select and induct new personnel in to the team.
- To work with Line Managers in the identification of training needs required to support the organisations strategic goals. Develop or source structured training programmes to fill skills gaps
- To actively champion the organisations ongoing performance development programme, support and challenge line managers to introduce objective plans and provide ongoing effective feedback to all employees.
- To monitor the organisations reward, recognition and benefits programmes, to ensure the team are effectively engaged and incentivised to deliver great performance.
- To retain talented employees through understanding motivational factors and developing a strong workplace culture.
- To control absenteeism
- To lead the organisations welfare and culture committee ensuring the team are given effective bottom up communication channels and are involved in decision making.
- To champion the welfare of employees
- To coach Line Managers in employee relation issues including absence management, poor performance and development
- Continually analyse and improve the organisations policies and procedures in line with legal compliance and best practise.
- Utilise leadership skills to be a role model for the organisations culture, breading solution orientated behaviour across the business at an operational level.
- To produce detailed monthly HR data and reports to share with Line Managers.
- To support and coach the hotels HR Administrator on a daily basis.
· To develop HR initiatives in line with the organisations guest satisfaction goals, to be integral of supporting the business to build a reputation built on its people.
· To be focused on guest feedback and guest satisfaction, ensuing training and development programmes are linked to guest needs.
· To operationally support the business with a “hands on” approach, ensure HR is visible and available for all hotel employees.
- To support the achievement of the hotels annual budget by being integral to the management of the Hotels payroll budget, to be aware of the city and hotel labour market, ensuring remuneration and benefits are in line with competition and attractive to source a talented labour pool.
- To be accountable for the organisations training, uniform and employee welfare budget.
· To support the hotels sustainability programme planet 21.
- To organise the health and safety training of employees at the hotel. Ensuring training records are up to date, legally compliant and stored in a systematic organised manner.
- To support the protection of the Pullman brand standards by ensuring the team are trained and deliver standards in line to the Pullman brand.
- To support in the facilitation of the hotels 6 monthly fire/crisis training
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with this post as determined by the General Manager
- To be committed to ongoing professional development
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- At least two years’ experience in a HR Generalist Management role with the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels.
- CIPD L7 Qualified or studying towards
- Experience of the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures
- A comprehensive understanding of all aspects of employment law and HR best practise
- Experience in developing and delivering training to large groups of employees, including but not limited to induction, H&S and Management workshops.
- Passionate about employee experiences and striving to develop the “best workplace”
- Strong level of computer literacy including, word, excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to coach and support strong Line Managers in all personnel related issues
- A strong creditable leader with the ability to influence and impact at a senior level
- A decisive decision maker capable of working on own initiative
- A strong team player with the ability to build relationships with others across the business
- Proactive with a solution orientated approach
- Extremely well organised
- Accountable and resilient
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritise and disseminate when required
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations
- Possess a positive and engaging personality
- Driven by standards
- A true love and passion for HR
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Experience within a hotel environment
- Knowledge of the local labour market (Hotels/Liverpool)