J Tomlinson has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team.
J Tomlinson is an established, privately-owned company with a substantial heritage and wealth of experience in delivering integrated building solutions tailored to public and private sector clients. Due to our continued success and ongoing commitment to providing world-class service to our customers, we are looking to recruit.
Our extensive portfolio of services includes the provision of Care, Commercial Refurbishment, Repairs and Maintenance, Engineering Services, Regeneration Programmes, Energy Efficiency and Renewables, and Facilities Management. We offer a totally integrated building solution.
Here are some of the J Tomlinson benefits:
J Tomlinson is proud to be recognized as a Disability Confident Committed employer. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days (staff) / 22 days (operative) Annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Annual Leave Purchasing Scheme (ALPS) (purchase up to 5 additional days leave)
- Pension Contributions
- Flexible working
- Life assurance
- Free car parking
- Perks at Work Employee Benefits Platform.
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Eye Test Reimbursement Scheme (DSE Users).
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family.
- Length of Service - additional annual leave entitlement.
- Electrical testing/repairs/installations/maintenance works on domestic social housing.
- Ensure your quality of work is always aligned to and compliant with the relevant regulations and working practices.
- Adhere to the EAWR 1989 and the J Tomlinson Electrical Safety Management System (ESMS)
- To accurately complete electrical forms relevant to the type of work being completed.
- Working as part of a small, dedicated team
- Adhering to current H&S legislation and practices
- To promote a safe working environment, support the companies H&S policies and procedures. Report any non-conformances to a supervisor.
- Ensure that when working on contracts, you have the correct equipment, are wearing the company uniform, display your company ID badge and always promote the company ethos and values.
- Dealing with customers in a professional manner. Liaise with tenants keeping them informed of works that may be undertaken. Promote J Tomlinson in a manner likely to maximize possible future work opportunities.
- To assist with the procurement of materials and labor for a particular project/contract when required, including the management of van stock.
- Ensure you comply with the company vehicle and IT policy, reporting any defects to a manager.
- Willingness to work out of normal business hours as required, including call-out rota.
- Comply with the Company Procedures and always protect the Company’s interests.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post
- Perseverance – Pursues goals despite obstacles and/or challenges.
- Service Orientation – Creates customer loyalty through courteous, timely, and helpful service.
- Influence – persuades others to the desired result.
- Information Analysis – Gathers, organizes, and analyses diverse sources of information.
- Quality Orientation – Emphasises producing quality works and/or meeting quality standards.
- Safety – Follows safety precautions and displays safe on-the-job behavior, promotes a safe working environment.
- Following Procedures – Adheres to directions, policies, and/or legal guidelines
PERSON SPECIFICATION – DESIRED/ESSENTIAL CRITERIA (D/E)
- Level 3 technical qualification e.g., C&G 236 A & B or C&G 2360 Part 1 & 2 or C&G 2330 Level 2 & 3 or C&G 2351 (all 8 units) or C&G 2365 or EAL Electrotechnical 600/9331/6 or equivalent (E)
- AM2 or NVQ level 3 in electrotechnical discipline or NVQ Level 3 mature candidate or “grandfather rights” (E)
- C&G 2382 17th or 18TH Edition Update or equivalent (E)
- ECS H&S test (E) Training will be required if not already in place.
- Asbestos Awareness (E) Training will be required if not already in place.
- C&G 2391 testing qualification or Equivalent (E).
- Minimum of 3 Years in the electrical industry working at an unsupervised practical level relevant to the “Business Unit” above (E)
- Must have a good working knowledge of domestic electrical installations including relevant sections of the building regulations (E)
- Experience of completing Domestic Electrical Installation Condition Reports (E)
- Experience with wiring systems associated with boilers and renewable technology (D)
- Good IT skills (E)
About J Tomlinson Ltd:
J Tomlinson began its journey in the 1950s, after being founded by the Tomlinson family as an electrical contracting business focused on commercial contracts. The business steadily expanded from its base at Beeston, near Nottingham, and by the 1980s had become a substantial regional mechanical and electrical contractor as a result of organic growth and the acquisition of a local mechanical company. In the 1990s, long-term owners David Adams and Steve Kirkland developed the company further to provide a complete range of building solutions and services. Today, J Tomlinson offers a fully integrated solution covering the whole building lifecycle from new build to refurbishment, repairs and maintenance, engineering services, renewable energy solutions, and facilities management. Working across the East Midlands, West Midlands, North East England, North West England and Yorkshire, our teams are fully committed to providing a highly professional and personalised service, tailored to customer’s needs. In 2019, the company registered a record turnover of £91.2 million and was named Contractor of the Year at the EEM Building Communities Awards and the East Midlands BRICKS Awards.