Working for an innovative and dynamic, recently established, well capitalised business, we have a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join our multi trade team. Working as a member of the Construction team you will have the capability to work on your own initiative, be flexible, be willing to travel, be able to work to tight deadlines and be committed to providing a high standard of Service.
The Ilke Homes multi trade team are responsible for completing units once our product is delivered to site to enable handover in a quick, professional and effective manner, this will involve working on your own and managing your time, as well as assisting the team of individual trade operatives including but not limited to carpenter, plaster boarding/plasterer, painter & decorator and other multi trade
At times you will be required to work at our production site in Yorkshire when site programmes are slow.
You will also be working closely with clients and sub-contractors.
Please note you will be required to work away from home when the need arises.
- Completing plots to an excellent standard within the required timescale, once handed over by the Ilke Homes Electrical and Plumbing operatives (post-commissioning).
- Ensuring all internal & external works are carried out in line with the Ilke Homes System Manual, and subsequently in accordance with Building Control regulations (NHBC).
- Daily reporting to offices for briefing, collection of tools, vehicle and materials.
- Liaising closely with the Ilke Homes Site Manager on plot specific programmes.
- Keeping daily status of plots entered and reporting weekly on the progress of each plot to the Ilke Homes Site Manager.
- Working as part of a team of several multi trade operatives that specialise in carpentry, plastering, plaster boarding, painting & decorating.
- Carry out a range of varied tasks from carpentry through the painting & decorating.
- Works can also involve Mastic, drylining, cleaning, tiling, and all aspects of final snagging.
- Work in a safe manner within the boundaries of the Company Health & Safety Policy and any additional site restrictions.
Qualifications & Training:
- CSCS Card.
- Holds a current full driving licence.
- Desirable but not essential to hold a current First Aid qualification.
- Holds valid DBS check or is happy to have one done.
- Desirable but not essential to hold a current MEWPS qualification.
- Desirable but not essential to hold a current PASMA qualification.
- Smart appearance and personable attitude.
- Tradesman experience with a variety of skill sets including basic carpentry, plaster boarding, plastering, wall tiling, painting and decorating, basic electrician / basic plumbing (not essential).
- Experience working within the house building industry.
- Desirable but not essential experience working within the modular building industry.
- Will have proven experience and ability to work effectively with both internal departments and external client’s
Qualities & Attitude:
- Positive, self-motivated and able to work effectively without close supervision.
- Excellent communications and leadership skills.
- Strong work ethic for getting things the right 1st time.