Currie & Brown is currently looking for a project planner or senior project planner for our client-side Weybridge office. The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of project planning service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred consultant and service provider. The successful candidate will be a key contributor in the project management team assisting in the successful implementation and delivery of large and complex projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing a planning and programming service to both external and internal clients, from feasibility stages through to post completion and occupation, ensuring that all time-related issues are effectively considered and can be controlled or addressed
- Providing consultancy advice on all programming and monitoring issues
- Preparing high-level strategic programmes to identify and assess the impact of key sequence, responsibilities and key strategies
- Monitoring and reporting against programmes at all stages of pre-construction and construction, including the use of S-curves, trend analysis, baselines, critical path analysis, rescheduling, etc
- Undertaking analysis of tender and contract programmes from contractors
- Preparing critical path analysis
- Establishing sequence, durations and options for all stages of projects including design and procurement, legal, financial, gateways, construction and commissioning
- Co-ordinating with project teams including clients, project managers, cost consultants, design and other consultants and contractors, to negotiate and co-ordinate project programme issues
- Providing consultancy advice on delay mitigation and undertake comprehensive delay and forensic analysis activities
- Developing site logistic and phasing management plans
- Creating resource programmes to demonstrate key inputs and outputs
- Educated to degree or equivalent level in a construction or engineering-related discipline
- Association for Project Management (APM) and/or the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) professional qualifications
- Extensive post-qualification experience as a project planner and schedule management within the construction industry, with the ability to demonstrate skills at high level, working within a variety of project teams
- Skilled in the use of Oracle Primavera P6, Asta Powerproject and Microsoft Project software
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical and life science sectors beneficial
- Experience in both contracting and a consultant environment
- Experience with procurement forms including NEC
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the commissioning, validation and qualification (CVQ) processes and associated schedule/activity requirements
- Experience working on high-profile projects
- Experience in a project controls and/or programme management environment
- Articulate with ability to communicate complex issues in a clear manner, both verbally and written
- An analytical thinker, demonstrating a logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to achieve buy-in to work from clients and other project stakeholders
- Good influencing skills
- Confident with ability to work autonomously and demonstrate confidence in own working abilities
- Ability to forge relationships and build rapport with team members, clients and customers alike
- Ability to adapt planning skills to new and differing situations
- Excellent IT Skills (MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Power BI)
Our programme services form part of the project management department. We aim to forge long-term, successful relationships with all stakeholders in the property and infrastructure industry. Our experienced and professional team can deliver specialist services across pre-contract management services, development management, programme management, employer’s agent, contract administration and due diligence and fund monitoring.
Currie & Brown is one of the world’s leading physical assets management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets, and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
With principal offices in Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New York and Shanghai, we operate throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, India and the Middle East.
Currie & Brown is an equal opportunity employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job. Currie & Brown UK is also proud to have signed the Armed Forces Covenant, which represents a promise by the company that those who serve or have served, and their families, are treated fairly.