Salary: highly competitive + valuable benefits
SOCOTEC Monitoring UK Ltd specialises in the installation of high quality geotechnical, structural and environmental instrumentation for monitoring earth, rock and concrete structures including dams, tunnels, embankments, retaining walls, piles and steel work for civil engineering works, mining projects and the railway infrastructure throughout the United Kingdom.
We are experts in a variety of data acquisition systems and deliver data through our in-house, web-based data presentation software system, Calyx OMS.
Overall Job Scope
To assist with the design, purchasing, construction, programming and pre-site testing of the various data acquisition systems deployed as part of ITM monitoring s solutions. To assist with the decommissioning of monitoring equipment and post site testing prior to restocking.
Attending site to assist with technical installations and where required carryout fault finding and rectification.
To assist with development and integration of new technologies into monitoring systems, carrying out electronic design and manufacture when required.
a) Data Acquisition Systems and System Development
- Assist with the development of data acquisition systems.
- Assists with the development of the specification for a system, producing part lists and creating wiring diagrams.
- Assembly of dataloggers to ensure they are built to the required specifications and standards.
- Ensures that the appropriate datalogger programme is created that will allow the required mode of operation.
- The testing of dataloggers prior to their deployment on site.
- Ensures that communication device (e.g. SIM cards), serial numbers and test certificate records are kept up to date.
- Works with the site teams to ensure that data acquisition systems are operational and providing data reliably.
- Continuously reviews the technology available to ensure data acquisition systems are following best practices and implements improvements where necessary.
- Provide support to site techs on technical matters and system fault finding on sites where required.
- Provides technical support on-site during installation.
- Provides technical support on-site during fault finding and rectification
- Provides data acquisition system training & support to site teams & clients where required.
- Assist in the procurement of Datalogger parts and data acquisition.
- Assist in the management of stock for Datalogger logger building.
- Maintenance of tool kits and equipment in the data logging area of the workshop.
- Assists with the record keeping, decommissioning, cleaning, testing and restocking of equipment returned from site.
b) System Development
- Assist in the development of new monitoring systems and solutions (from conception through to testing and deployment).
- Assist in the research of emerging technologies and developments in the instrumentation industry and offer suggestions for areas of development.
- Work with the Data Management team to ensure that new solutions can be integrated into data management protocols (Calyx).
- Assist Business Development with enquiries regarding monitoring system design & costs.
- Assist CTO in providing information for R&D tax claim
- Seek ideas for improving the quality and efficiency of the company's operations, products and services and communicate these to your manager.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and cascades information accordingly.
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and any other persons who may be affected by your acts and to co-operate with ITM monitoring in order that the employer's duty may be fulfilled
- Keeping desk and workshop clean and tidy