|Salary:||£ 11.05 per hour|
Norwood are a leading charity supporting people with learning disabilities from the Jewish and wider community.
Norwood are currently recruiting full, part time and bank Support Workers/Care Assistants to work in our self-contained Adult Supported Living and Residential service in North West London.
You will be supporting the transition of 3 young adults between the ages of 22 to 25 with complex needs into our permanent adult supported living service in Stanmore, London. You will support young adults with community participation, day opportunities, money, travel, health, activities and relationships.
You will be provided with a full induction, tailored onboarding and ongoing training.
The ideal candidate will have a strong confident personality, a great sense of humour and a willingness to work with vulnerable and challenging young adults with challengingbehaviour, past trauma, social and emotional difficulties, and mental health difficulties.
The provision has a great team who are committed to ensuring the young adults we support get the most from the service we provide.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establishing relationships and providing practical/emotional support to the young adults who use the service. Working closely with the young adults families, carers and other professionals, ensuring that their short break is a positive experience both for the young people families and carers.
2. To support young people with their daily routine, including personal care, religious and cultural beliefs, mobility, administering medication and any health related procedures.
3. To support young people to make their own choices and decisions, ensuring that their needs and wishes are fully considered in decision relating to them. To enable young people to develop their social skills and to access appropriate leisure activities and promote their participation and independence
4. To ensure the protection of the young person from significant harm, by, observing changes in their behaviour or appearance and complying fully with the Norwood’s Child Protection policy.
5. To be responsible for shift leading; this includes welcoming young adults and parents into the service, receiving and recording all information clearly and accurately, including medication.
6. You will be responsible for key working named young adults, writing reports and attending meetings with external professionals and other duties allocated to you.
7. To be responsible for the supervision of allocated staff. To support the Assistant Manager in the induction and mentoring of new staff within the home ensuring that they are fit to support the delivery of the service.
Advantages to becoming part of the Norwood family;
Working hours are on a shift pattern rota basis including some weekend working and some sleep-ins or waking night work (paid as a separate payment per night). Day shifts times vary between 7am to 10pm (subject to the needs of the service). Night shifts times vary between 8pm to 10am (subject to the needs of the service).
This is a great opportunity to develop a career within the care sector, if this sounds of interest,simply click Apply!
Norwood is a disability confident employer. This means we are committed to employing people with disabilities.
Patron: Her Majesty The Queen.
Registered Charity No: 1059050.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: