Here at Busy Bees in Tewkesbury we are looking for an Early Years Teacher to join our team.
As an Early Years Teacher, you will be working full time (40 hours per week) whilst role modelling your knowledge and best practice to colleagues and ensuring our children have the best start in life.
- Childcare provision with 50% childcare discount.
- Excellent in-house training, opportunity to gain further qualifications, virtual learning and career progression opportunities.
- Exclusive access to UP; Busy Bees unique early years learning programme.
- Retail Discounts Scheme via an online benefits portal.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Early Years Teacher Status (EYT) or Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Previous experience working and caring for children under 5, ideally within an early years setting.
- Passion to deliver high quality childcare and exciting learning opportunities.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- As a leader of the pre-school room, you have overall responsibility to ensure the relevant statutory and legal welfare and curriculum requirements are always met.
- As a keyworker, you will ensure every individual child’s needs are met, including supporting parents with any SEND/ASL needs.
- Prioritise the safeguarding of children.
- Speak up against practices that don’t support safeguarding or our core values.
- Get to know the families at the setting and create a good relationship with parents whilst also able to manage and resolve parental complaints/concerns in a timely manner.
- Build relationships with local schools to help create an effective transition for each child.
- Take pride in your teams planning, observation and assessment procedure whilst ensuring that they are detailed, reflective an provide developmentally challenging next steps.
- Remain up to date with our childcare policies and procedures.
- Be a key player to ensure the nursery receives excellent outcomes in internal audits and those of external authorities such as Ofsted, CI and CIW.
- Keep up to date with news and research within the sector and consider how this impacts your practice and your team.
- Ensure we encourage and praise children’s development and achievements.
We reserve the right to close a job prior to the initial closing date. All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS check or equivalent.