Group HR Manager
Maidenhead – some UK travel
£45,000 p.a (DOE)
A rapidly growing, international speciality food manufacturer based from the UK, offering a ‘Good, Better, Best’ offering to a varied Foodservice customer base. The UK group comprises three businesses with a combined turnover £55m and is integrating a more category – lead strategy across its two main channels; Wholesale and Casual Dining.
About the Role:
The company is currently in the process of bringing all three businesses together and unifying all policy documents, contracts, training programs and ensuring best practice across the group as a whole.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the group, you will be required to support the business to achieve their strategic and financial objectives by maximising the contribution of employees through the development and implementation of effective HR policies in recruitment, retention, remuneration, employee relations and training & development.
You will be responsible and hold overall accountability for all UK Sites in relation to HR functions, but will be based in Maidenhead with regular travel to two other UK based sites.
Specific duties will include;
- Assume the position of Data Protection manager for the group, ensuring compliance, undertaking Privacy Impact Assessments, cooperate with the GDPR Advisory Authority and ensure accurate records are maintained
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures that interpret accurately employee rights as detailed in statute, regulations and code of practice
- Champion positive employee relations and consistent management behavior
- Manage and monitor effective recruitment and induction for salaried staff, using the appropriate recruitment media for the position in question
- Champion improved communication across the business
- Ensure equal treatment of all employees across the operation
- Support the strategic direction of the group by keeping Director’s and Site Management teams up to date with human resources best practice; the current and proposed strategy position
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievement within agreed formats and timescales
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets, including HR and training budgets
- Plan and facilitate the training of employees, including Senior Managers; maintaining contact with outside resources for training
- Advise and support Line Manager’s in the handling of all employee relations matters including; resolving matters of conflict at the earliest opportunity and providing an independent mediation role where appropriate and to be involved in an advisory capacity in the management of any formal processes within these areas and to attend formal hearings
- To advise Manager’s on staffing structures and job design and provide guidance on the processes involved
- To locally manage areas of legal challenge such as employment tribunal applications – in liaison with both internal and external parties including Solicitor’s
Key Skills/Experience/Qualifications Required:
In order to be considered for the role of Group HR Manager, you must possess the following;
- A wealth of experience working in a Group level, generalist, hands – on/operational HR position
- Previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment in a HR capacity
- CIPD level 5 or 7 would be desirable
- Experience of dealing with business acquisitions would be an advantage
- Up to date employment legislation knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of GDPR and its implementation
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Experience of working with a multi – cultural workforce
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with external agencies
- Able to maintain absolute discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information
- A professional, personable and friendly approach
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen
- Experience of line managing a small team
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to actively seek and find solutions to problems
- Happy and able to travel to other UK sites as and when required
In return for your role as Group HR Manager, you will receive the following remuneration;
- Salary of up to £45,000 p.a (depending on experience)
- Fully paid travel experience
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension
- Private healthcare
- The opportunity to buy shares in the business
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.