As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Engineer or Principal Engineer to join the team in Southampton, Basingstoke or Guildford.
Our Development Infrastructure team specialises in providing high level advice to mainly private sector clients on planning and design issues relating to Highways, Public Realm, Signal Design, Sewerage, SUDS, Building Drainage, Earthworks, Flood Protection and Utilities Coordination/Diversion on Residential, Retail, Industrial and Commercial Developments both in the UK and overseas.
The team our solution driven service to a variety of clients, if you want a chance to deliver some innovative thinking and are the type of person who sees a challenge not a problem then our Development Infrastructure team can offer you room to design your career.
A typical week would include:
* Working as a design engineer working within small teams produce designs and drawings to support planning applications and construction.
* Working on a number of projects and client accounts, liaising with clients at a local and national level.
* Mentoring and managing early career professionals ensuring technical excellence is in everything we deliver.
* Day to day project management support in the delivery of concept studies and strategies with hands on design, leading to planning applications or construction drawing issue.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* A civil engineering degree
* An understanding of drainage and highway design principles (layout, etc.) including designs for Contract Documents and S278, S104 and S38 Adoption Agreements.
* Experience in; the design of sewers using WINDES, highways using PDS (or similar software packages) together with experience in applying Highways Agency and Local Authority design guidance.
* Strong communication skills and the desire to be a part of a successful close knit team
* Experience and an interest in helping the junior members of the team in producing designs.
* The ability to produce masterplans, site appraisals, write reports to support planning applications, design calculations and construction drawings.
A full job description can be provided upon request
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.